Sunday, June 17, 2007

The Man's Job?

Ok, so why is it that there are those few household tasks totally considered the "man's job?" When I'm asked why my boyfriend doesn't grill, I tell them that I love to cook and love to use the grill. It's not like he can't, but it's just something I do for my family! And the grass cutting.....do you even realize how much soul searching, mind clearing, time to yourself you get when you cut grass.....and some exercise! Now, while I have no problem doing the garbage, he can have that! ha ha! I get it all together and he takes it to the dump.

Most people don't know that I was married for nearly 13 years, and yes, most of the tasks listed above were designated as Greg's. That even included the bills/checkbook! When you are forced into the life as the head of family as I was, you learn quickly that these tasks are now your's and you step up and do them......you have no other choice!

When I hear, "why are you grilling, or why are you cutting grass", I get pretty offended, and just give them a direct answer, rude sometimes, but I can't help it! Yes, I love being a woman, love being treated like one, etc.

Just needed to get that off my chest!! I am woman!!! ha ha

2 comments:

Yankeebob said...

Good question sweetie. I believe I have the answer too. Men made up the 'mans job' list so they don't have to do housework that they don't want to do.

That be my guess. :)

Rene said...

yeah, men would be the one's to make up that list....i don't complain about doing anything...that way i know it's done right!!! my kids do their own laundry, and clean their rooms, so that's out of my hands. thanks for your input. you're so funny!!

luv ya!